9/23/12

Is it wrong to wish for a boring/simple life?

Sometimes I just want my life to be boring/simple.  By boring I mean, no roller coasters, no negative surprises (positive ones are okay!). No hiccups.  I really need to be careful what I wish for because boring is not always (probably) better.  I just hate the unknown and I know that my life has been unknown since the day I had Firecracker.  Did I mention Firecracker has a blood disorder and is immuno-compromised? I probably didn't because its not something I want the world to know because I don't ever want him to feel limited or get a label. By looking at him you would never guess his little body works against him. Those germs that are nothing to you or your kids play havoc on my sweet Firecracker. So please don't send your kids to school with runny noses or coughs just because you want some free time.  That 2-3 hour free time you get will turn into weeks of hell for my boy or perhaps hospitalize him like it did several months ago. So I just challenge you to think of others when you go to work sick or send your kids to school sick. Firecracker is not the only child/person with immune issues. What about the people going through chemo or any other immune suppressant treatment? Flu season is approaching and I really hope its a mild one.  Flu season is what probably spurred my desire to ride a boring roller coaster. I know we are now on the ride as it is climbing to the top and I hear 'tick tick tick' as it climbs ......But hey, its better than the tea-cup ride, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment